Vietnam work visa requirements are an essential aspect for individuals planning to pursue employment opportunities in the country. Whether you are a foreign national seeking temporary work or aiming for a long-term career in Vietnam, understanding the specific visa requirements is crucial. In this article, we will delve into the comprehensive guide of Vietnam work visa requirements, providing you with the necessary information and guidance to navigate through the application process successfully. From the necessary documents to meet specific criteria, we aim to simplify the complex process and ensure a smooth and hassle-free visa application experience.
Vietnam Work visa Requirements
Vietnam work visa is granted to foreigners who come to Vietnam to work for a certain period of time. To apply for this visa, foreigners must meet the following requirements:
- Have a passport or a valid international travel document.
- Have an inviting organization, agency, or individual in Vietnam as a sponsor and guarantor.
- Not fall under the cases of inadmissible entry as regulated in Article 21 of the Law on Entry, Exit, and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam, numbered 47/2014/QH13.
- If the foreign worker is invited to work with a business in Vietnam:
- The inviting organization or agency must be a business established in accordance with Vietnamese law.
- The inviting organization or agency must be suitable with functions, tasks, and authorized rights as prescribed by law or granted operating license.
Who is subject to work visa granting in Viet Nam?
The eligible individuals to apply for a work visa for foreigners in Vietnam are as follows:
Individuals who are eligible to apply for a work visa:
- Foreign workers entering Vietnam with the purpose of working under the following conditions:
- Executing labor contracts with companies in Vietnam
- Moving within the internal networks of enterprises, foreign companies, and Vietnam
- Engaging in economic, commercial, financial, banking, scientific, and technical contracts or agreements as regulated
- Service providers as stipulated in the contract
- Offering services related to economics, technology, commerce, etc.
- Managers, directors, experts, and technical workers
Employers of foreign workers:
- Enterprises operating legally according to Vietnamese laws
- Foreign or domestic contractors participating in bidding and performing contracts
- Representative offices or branches of companies with foreign investment in Vietnam
- Offices of foreign projects or international organizations in Vietnam
- Operating offices of foreign investors in accordance with the law on business cooperation contracts
- Legal practice units in Vietnam as stipulated by the law.
Documents required for a Vietnam work visa application
A work visa application for foreign individuals in Vietnam requires the following documents:
- Business license of the organization or enterprise, including business registration certificate, investment license, operating license of representative office, branch.
- Certificate of using a seal or notice of using a seal of the enterprise.
- Introduction letter of the seal according to NA16 form, signed by the authorized person of the organization. You submit this declaration if it is your first time submitting the application to the Immigration Department.
- Application form for Vietnam work visa (NA5 form) and temporary residence extension papers.
- Valid passport of the applicant.
- Work permit or exemption certificate for work permit in case the foreign individual is exempted from a work permit.
- Temporary residence book or confirmation of temporary residence for foreign individuals.
How to apply for a Vietnam work Visa?
Procedures for applying for a work visa in Vietnam for foreigners:
If the foreigner has not entered Vietnam
Step 1: Submit an application for an entry permit to Vietnam under the sponsorship of a company (DN).
Step 2: After the foreign worker enters Vietnam, the representative needs to submit the dossier to the Department of Labor to apply for a work permit for the foreigner.
Step 3: Prepare the documents to submit to the Immigration Department to apply for a work visa for the foreigner.
In some provinces, if the foreigner has a work permit but has not entered Vietnam, they can be granted a 1-year work visa at the international entry airport.
If the foreigner is already in Vietnam:
Step 1: Prepare the documents to apply for a work visa according to the legal requirements.
Step 2: Submit the documents:
The officer at the Immigration Department will check the legality and content of the submitted documents:
– If the dossier contains all the required and valid information, it will be accepted. The officer will print and issue a receipt and schedule a date to return the result.
– If the dossier is incomplete or invalid, the officer will guide the applicant to supplement the documents as required.
* Document submission time: from Monday to Saturday every week (except holidays and Sundays). And applications must be submitted at least 15 days before the employee’s intended start date. However, the process can take much longer. It is recommended that companies apply two to three months in advance.
Step 3: Receive the work visa result
– The representative should come to collect the result with the receipt, ID card.
– Result pick-up time: from Monday to Friday every week (except holidays, Saturdays, and Sundays).
In the case when the foreigner is residing in Vietnam, they can apply for a temporary residence card for a duration of 2 years, except for Chinese citizens.
Applications must be submitted at least 15 days before the employee’s intended start date. However, the process can take much longer. It is recommended that companies apply two to three months in advance.
Vietnam work Visa processing time and cost
– The processing time of a request for work visa by the Vietnam Immigration Department/Office is normally 05 working days since receipt of full required documents.
– The fees for a Vietnam work visa vary depending on the type and duration of the visa. Here are the costs for each type of work visa:
- Single-entry visa valid for one time use: 25 USD.
- Multiple-entry visa valid for up to 90 days: 50 USD.
- Multiple-entry visa valid for from 90 days to 180 days: 95USD.
- Multiple-entry visa valid from 180 days to 365 days: 135 USD.
Vietnam Work Visa Validity and Extension
The validity and extension of a Vietnam work visa depend on several factors, including the type of work visa obtained and the specific circumstances of the individual’s employment. Here are some general guidelines:
Work Visa Validity: The initial validity of a work visa in Vietnam can range from 3 months to 2 years, depending on the type of visa and the employment contract. The most common work visa types are LĐ (for employees) and DN (for businessman who is sponsored by Vietnam company) and ĐT (for investors)
Visa Extension: If you wish to extend your stay and continue working in Vietnam beyond the initial visa validity, you will need to apply for a visa extension. The extension can be granted for a maximum duration of 2 years, depending on the circumstances and the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Hopefully, this article has provided you with a thorough understanding of the Vietnam work visa requirements. If you have any questions or need further advice, please contact Visatop via the hotline on 08.666.000.63 Good luck!
Visatop (Trực thuộc công ty Tân Văn Lang) hoạt động từ năm 2003 về lĩnh vực tư vấn thủ tục visa cho người nước ngoài, và tư vấn thủ tục visa cho người Việt Nam. Với kinh nghiệm hơn 20 năm hỗ trợ tư vấn thủ tục nhập cảnh – xuất cảnh, Tân Văn Lang vẫn luôn tự tin khẳng định vị thế của mình khi đã tư vấn thành công cho hơn 50.000 hồ sơ visa xin visa nhập cảnh các loại, hơn 20.000 trường hợp xin miễn thị thực cho Việt kiều, cùng các thủ tục làm việc cho người nước ngoài tại Việt Nam.
Bên cạnh đó, Tân Văn Lang là một trong những đơn vị lữ hành được chỉ định nộp hồ sơ xin visa Hàn Quốc trực tiếp không qua trung gian, lọt TOP công ty ưu tiên của Hàn Quốc – Chúng tôi luôn nỗ lực hoàn thiện để đem đến trải nghiệm dịch vụ tư vấn Quý khách hàng, Quý đại lý nhiệt tình, chất lượng và uy tín.
Visatop.vn – Thành viên của VnHub
Chi nhánh Đà Nẵng: K41/12 Đỗ Quang - P. Vĩnh Trung - Q. Thanh Khê - TP Đà Nẵng
Chi nhánh Hà Nội: 102-G4, ngõ 12 Nguyên Hồng, Ba Đình, Hà Nội
www.achau.net - www.tanvanlang.com - www.visatop.vn